Makes 15 muffins
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh strawberries
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine flour and 1 cup sugar in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
Stir together sour cream and next 4 ingredients; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Gently fold strawberries into batter.
Spoon batter into lightly greased 12-cup muffin pans, filling three-fourths full.
Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup sugar over batter.
Bake at 400° for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool in pans on a wire rack 1 minute; remove from pans to wire rack, and cool 10 minutes.