Bacon & Egg Muffins
Bacon and eggs inside a homemade muffin. This is not your fast food breakfast muffin! Serve warm with some maple syrup.
- 4 slices bacon, cut in thirds
- 5 eggs
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Maple or cane syrup, optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a large skillet cook bacon just until it begins to crisp. Drain and reserve drippings. Return 2 teaspoons bacon drippings to skillet.
For scrambled eggs, in a small bowl beat 3 of the eggs, 2 tablespoons water, and a dash each of salt and pepper. Cook eggs in hot skillet over medium heat without stirring until eggs begin to set on bottom and around edges. With a large spatula, lift and fold for uncooked portion to flow underneath. Cook until set yet still moist. Transfer to bowl; set aside.
Brush twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with some of the remaining bacon drippings. Set muffin cups aside. In a medium bowl stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. In a separate bowl combine milk, oil, and remaining 2 eggs; stir into flour mixture. Fold in scrambled eggs and cheese. Spoon into muffin cups (cups will be full).
Place one bacon piece on each muffin. Bake 15 to 17 minutes, until light brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. To loosen muffins from pan, run a small metal spatula or table knife around edges of muffins; remove from pans. Serve warm with maple syrup.
You'll also love
- Currant-Orange Irish Soda Bread 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Apple Cinnamon Hand Pie 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Blueberry Cookies-Chocolate Dipped 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Easiest Ever Chicken and Dumplings 4/5 (112 Votes)
- TURKEY PESTO PANINI 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Spicy Pork Stew with Peppers and... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Waffle Iron Omelets 4.6/5 (16 Votes)