One Pot Cheesy Turkey Taco Chili Mac
Turkey chili with taco seasoning, beans, and pasta shells topped with cheese – this is pure comfort in a bowl and it's packed with protein and fiber so it fills you up.
- HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING:
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/3 pounds 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (10-ounce) rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can (14 1/2-ounce) pink or red beans, drained
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 can (8-ounce) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (15-ounce) reduced sodium chicken broth*
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 8 ounces DeLallo Gluten Free shells (or DeLallo whole wheat)
- 3/4 cup part-skim sharp cheddar cheese, shredded*
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Heat a large Dutch oven or pot with a fitted lid over medium-high heat and spray with oil, brown the turkey breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. When cooked through, add the onions, garlic, pepper and taco seasoning; cook 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the canned tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, refried beans, chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer about 15 minutes. Adjust salt to taste.
Stir in the uncooked pasta and simmer uncovered over medium heat until al dente, about 6 minutes or according to package directions.
Remove the pot from heat and top with the cheese, cover and let sit for about 2 to 3 minutes, until the cheese melts.
Serve immediately garnished with fresh cilantro and scallions.
You'll also love
- Herbed Goat Cheese Spread 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- 4 Layer Pumpkin Dessert 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Roasted sweet potato salad 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Lobster Crostini with Buttery... 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Homemade vegan sausage crumbles 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Italian Chicken Fried Steak: Beef... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Healthier Chicken Fried Rice 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Grilled Fried Chicken Panini 4.6/5 (16 Votes)