Savoy Cabbage With Bacon
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 1 large Savoy cabbage head - (abt 2 lbs) thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Cut bacon into 1/2-inch pieces. Microwave bacon or cook in a large, heavy skillet over moderate heat until just crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. (Reserve drippings for another use).
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add cabbage; cook 10 minutes until crisp-tender. Drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
In the same pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add cabbage and mustard; toss to coat evenly. Stir in bacon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Net Carbs: 5.5 grams
Fiber: 4.5 grams
Protein: 7 grams
Fat: 13 grams
You'll also love
- Sauteed Kale With Red-Pepper... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage-Sage Stuffing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Portobello Mushroom Melts... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Green Beans 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pancetta-Flavored Braised Cabbage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamed Cabbage, Carrot And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet And Sour Pork 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Radicchio, Gorgonzola And Bacon... 0/5 (0 Votes)