- 2 pounds veal scallops pounded or sliced
- into 16 very thin pieces
- 8 fresh sage leaves (or 1 tspn dried sage)
- 4 ounces fontina cheese thinly sliced
- 8 slices proscuitto - (thin slices)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian (flat leaf) parsley
- Lemon wedges for garnish
Heat oven to warm setting. Lay 8 slices of veal on work surface; layer with sage, fontina cheese and proscuitto. Top with remaining 8 slices of veal; seal ends shut with toothpicks and season with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter and half the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown half the veal sandwiches 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter and place in oven. Repeat with remaining veal.
Add wine to skillet; cook 5 minutes, scraping up brown bits on bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Cut remaining 3 tablespoons butter into small pieces. Reduce heat to low; gradually add butter to wine, whisking constantly. Pour sauce over veal. Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 1 gram
Net Carbs: 1 gram
Protein: 65.5 grams
Fat: 42.5 grams