Pick Up Stix House Special Chicken Copycat
This copycat recipe for the Pick Up Stix original is spicy, gingery, garlicky, and overall very flavorful. Serve with rice and/or veggies.
- SLURRY MIX:
- 1 teaspoon chili oil or sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 3 spring onions, washed, white parts sliced very thin and green sections reserved
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound white or dark chicken, cut in small chunks
- Peanut oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
To make the stir-fry sauce, combine the chili oil, minced garlic, minced ginger, spring onions, soy sauce and water in a bowl.
Place cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water in zip top bag and add the chicken in batches, shaking to cover all sides.
When all your chicken is coated, heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add peanut oil and then stir-fry the coated chicken.
When your stir fry is ready to plate add the combined sauce ingredients into the wok or pan and then add the cornstarch slurry. Stir over heat until it reaches saucy consistency and serve.
You'll also love
- Corn Casserole 4.1/5 (221 Votes)
- Crispy Chicken Costoletta 3.9/5 (283 Votes)
- Super Sloppy Joes 4.6/5 (127 Votes)
- Panko Oven Fried Chicken Breasts 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Thai Chicken -- Weight... 4.1/5 (167 Votes)
- Chicken Teriyaki Recipe 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Crock Pot Sesame Chicken 4.4/5 (108 Votes)
- Easy Orange Chicken Vegetable... 4.3/5 (109 Votes)