Fusilli with Sausage, Arugula and Tomatoes
To make this dish vegetarian, leave out the sausage and add one 8-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed. Heat with the arugula and tomatoes.
- 4 ounces fusilli pasta
- 4 ounces spicy Italian sausage, casing removed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups arugula or baby spinach
- 1/2 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Adapted from jovinacooksitalian.com
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta 8 to 10 minutes, or according to package directions.
Meanwhile, cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes.
Stir in garlic, arugula or spinach and tomatoes. Cook, stirring often, until the greens wilt and the tomatoes begin to break down, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and keep warm.
Combine cheese, pepper and salt in a serving bowl. Whisk in 2 tablespoons of the pasta cooking liquid and the olive oil.
Drain the pasta and add it to the serving bowl. Toss to combine. Pour the sausage-arugula mixture over the pasta and divide into two serving bowls.
You'll also love
- Perfect Bite: Spinach Dip 2.0 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Black Bean Lasagna 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Zucchini Polenta Fries and... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Venison Tenderloin... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Spanish-Style Toast with Tomato... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Pork Hash 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- creamy barley with tomatoes and... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- FRIED CABBAGE WITH SAUSAGE 4.5/5 (30 Votes)