Spicy Brunch Lasagna
A great dish to make ahead if you're having company. Eggs, cottage cheese, chives, mozzarella, and Alfredo sauce make this brunch lasagna super tasty.
- 1 1/2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 1 (24-ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 18 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14-ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 8 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from bhg.com
In a large skillet, cook sausage until browned. Drain off fat; set aside. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, chives, green onions and carrots; set aside.
In a very large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; pour in egg mixture. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until mixture begins to set on the bottom and around the edges. With a spatula or a large spoon, lift and fold the partially cooked egg mixture so that the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until egg mixture is cooked through, but is still glossy and moist. Immediately remove from heat.
In a small bowl, combine the alfredo sauce and Italian seasoning. Spread about 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture over the bottom of a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Layer half of the lasagna noodles in the dish, overlapping as necessary. Top with half of the remaining sauce, half of the cottage cheese mixture, half the hash browns, half of the scrambled egg mixture and half of the sausage mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Repeat layers.
Cover dish tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
Remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. Remove plastic wrap and cover dish with foil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes more or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into portions. Makes 16 servings.
You'll also love
- Quinoa & Black Bean Burgers with... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Best Chicken Parmigiana 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Watermelon Mojito 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Bruschetta Pasta Recipe 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
Review this recipe