Blueberry Lemon Muffins
Muffins may seem like the uglier cousins to the cupcake but to us, the failure or success of a muffin can make or break an aspiring baker’s dreams. Versatile and deceptively addictive, muffins are good for almost all occasions, especially our blueberry lemon ones, which exude the warmth and vigor of a beautiful Sunday morning.
- For muffins:
- 11/2 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 11/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 125 g fresh blueberries
- For crumb topping:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter + more for greasing, softened
- 11/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Adapted from cookism.tumblr.com
1. Combine crumb topping ingredients in a large bowl. Using a fork, mix well and set it aside for later use.
2. Cut out twelve 5” squares of parchment paper. Grease cups of a muffin tin with a layer of softened butter. Place and press the parchment squares into each cup of the tin.
3. Preheat oven to 200C. For dry ingredients, combine and mix flour, caster sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt in a large mixing bowl. For wet ingredients, combine egg, vegetable oil, yogurt, lemon juice in another bowl and stir well.
4. Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir using a rubber spatula until just moistened. Gently fold in the blueberries and spoon batter evenly into muffin tin. Sprinkle the top with crumb topping.
5. Bake muffins for 20 to 25 minutes until well risen and the crumb topping is crisp and golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Sweetcorn and Zucchini Fritters 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Quick Curtido (Mexican Cabbage... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Coconut Cream Martini 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Lemon Apricot Lush Dessert 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Strawberry Icebox Cake Recipe (No... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Low Carb GF Strawberry Pie 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Lemony Roasted Asparagus 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Blueberry Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (20 Votes)