Pineapple-Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced or grated fresh ginger, about 1-inch knob
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sake
- 3/4 cup (6-ounce can) pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 pounds chicken wings, split
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
- Vegetable oil (or other high flashpoint oil), for frying
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Melt the butter and stir in the garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the garlic is lightly browned.
Add the soy sauce, sake, pineapple juice, rice vinegar and brown sugar. Bring up to a gentle boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
Whisk the water and the cornstarch together and then whisk mixture into the teriyaki sauce and simmer until thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
Rinse the chicken wings and pat them dry. Generously season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Dredge the wings in flour, shaking off any excess flour, and set aside.
In a large saucepan or deep fryer, heat the oil to about 375°. Fry the chicken wings in small batches until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Shake off any excess oil and place on paper towels to drain. Continue frying the chicken in batches until all of the wings are cooked.
Toss the wings in the teriyaki sauce and sprinkle with green onions. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Frozen Peach Bellini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Muffins Recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wilted Lettuce Salad with Bacon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chorizo and Potato Mini Flautas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bran Muffins with Pineapple 0/5 (0 Votes)
- ITALIAN CHICKEN BREAST CASSEROLE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- KRIS' CHICKEN WINGS 0/5 (0 Votes)