Overnight Turkey, Cheddar & Parmesan Breakfast Casserole
Healthy cooking doesn't always mean using low-fat products. The full-fat Cheddar and Parmesan together are so satisfying in this easy-to-make Overnight Turkey, Cheddar & Parmesan Breakfast Casserole that a little goes a long way.
- 8 ounces spicy or sweet turkey sausage links, casings removed, meat crumbled
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 6 large eggs and 6 large egg whites
- 1 3/4 cups 1-percent milk
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package (9-ounce) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained of excess liquid
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 whole wheat baguette, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- Cooking spray
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey and scallions and cook, stirring to break up any large chunks, until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
Whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl until combined. Add the cooked sausage, spinach, cheeses and bread and toss to distribute ingredients evenly.
Spray a 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread the egg mixture evenly in the dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the casserole, uncovered, until set and lightly browned on top, about 30 minutes.
Freeze the baked casserole for up to 2 weeks. Cover with foil and reheat at 350°F until hot, 35 to 45 minutes.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (672 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)