Chicken & Dumpling Casserole
Get the best chicken & dumplings with an easy-to-make Chicken & Dumpling Casserole recipe. Throw this together any night of the week, or bring it to your next potluck.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Black pepper, to taste
- Dried sage, to taste
- Chicken granules, a sprinkle or two
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
For the first layer, melt ½ stick of butter in 9 x 13 casserole dish. Spread the shredded chicken over butter. Sprinkle black pepper and dried sage over this layer. Do not stir.
For the second layer, in a small bowl, mix the milk and Bisquick. Slowly pour evenly all over chicken. Again, do not stir.
For the third layer, in a medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups of chicken broth, the chicken granules and the chicken soup. Once all mixed, slowly pour over the Bisquick layer. Again, do not stir.
Bake the casserole for 30-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown
Note: The secret of this is not to stir anything. That's what makes your dumplings. When you dish it out, you have your dumplings on top.
You'll also love
- Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting 4.6/5 (48 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.4/5 (61 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls 4.3/5 (81 Votes)
- Crockpot Rice and Porkchops 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- Smothered Pork Chops 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Rice 4.5/5 (57 Votes)
- Dorito Chicken Casserole 4.3/5 (63 Votes)