Chicken & Dumpling Casserole
Get the best chicken & dumplings with an easy-to-make Chicken & Dumpling Casserole recipe. Throw this together any night of the week, or bring it to your next potluck.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Black pepper, to taste
- Dried sage, to taste
- Chicken granules, a sprinkle or two
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
For the first layer, melt ½ stick of butter in 9 x 13 casserole dish. Spread the shredded chicken over butter. Sprinkle black pepper and dried sage over this layer. Do not stir.
For the second layer, in a small bowl, mix the milk and Bisquick. Slowly pour evenly all over chicken. Again, do not stir.
For the third layer, in a medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups of chicken broth, the chicken granules and the chicken soup. Once all mixed, slowly pour over the Bisquick layer. Again, do not stir.
Bake the casserole for 30-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown
Note: The secret of this is not to stir anything. That's what makes your dumplings. When you dish it out, you have your dumplings on top.
You'll also love
- Asian Chicken Salad Wraps 4.5/5 (54 Votes)
- Chili's Southwest Chicken &... 4.3/5 (66 Votes)
- Sweet Cream Bundt Cake 4.4/5 (65 Votes)
- Easy Italian Lemon Pound Cake 3.8/5 (248 Votes)
- Chicken & Dumplings 4.4/5 (58 Votes)
- Everything Baked Potato & Chicken... 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Chicken Fried Steak 3.9/5 (157 Votes)
- Crick's Chicken and Dumplings 5/5 (6 Votes)