Raspberry Mint Sorbet
Yummy Raspberry Sorbet with a touch of mint.
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped spearmint leaves
- 3 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
Put the water, sugar, and all but 2 tbsp of the mint into a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cover and let the mixture steep for 30 minutes at room temperature. Pour the mint syrup into a shallow bowl and chill until cooled.
Meanwhile, thoroughly puree the raspberries with the lemon juice in a blender, 30 to 45 seconds. Evenly divide the puree between two bowls. Strain one half of the puree through a fine mesh sieve. Combine the strained and unstrained purees and place in fridge to chill.
When the mint syrup is thoroughly chilled, strain it through a fine mesh sieve. Discard the sieve contents. In a medium bowl, combine the mint syrup and the raspberry puree.
Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and process. Sprinkle the remaining mint leaves in the machine. Transfer to airtight container and freeze until firm
You'll also love
- Lazy Morning Sausage Pie 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate-Hazelnut... 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Blackberry Mint Infused Water 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Copycat KFC Coleslaw 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Lemon-Ginger Fish 3.8/5 (31 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Vanilla Ice Cream 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Blueberry-Chia Overnight Oats 4.4/5 (9 Votes)