Laura Bush's Buttermilk Coconut Pie with Whipped Cream
Laura Bush's Buttermilk Coconut Pie with Whipped Cream is a classic Texan recipe from the former First Lady herself. Delicious!
- 1 unbaked nine-inch pie shell
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut, shredded, plus 1/2 cup toasted coconut for garnish
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups whipped cream
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from americas-table.com
Heat oven to 350°F.
Mix butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, coconut and buttermilk, and pour into pie shell.
Bake for 35-40 minutes.
In a dry frying pan set at low heat, toast the coconut until it is golden brown. Garnish pie with whipped cream, and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
You'll also love
- 5-Ingredient Lemon Panko Shrimp 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Autumn Spice Cake with Cream... 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Baileys Orange Bliss 3.9/5 (62 Votes)
- Easy Cranberry & Apple Cake (Ina... 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Coconut-Lemon Crepe Cake 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread with... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- ~Easy As Coconut Pie~ 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Mocha Decadence Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)