Christmas Cherry Pie
So simple and delicious! Vibrant colors and a medley of fruit in its filling make this pretty pie a standout. The combination of cherries, pineapple, bananas and nuts appeals to most everyone!
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can pitted tart cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (3-ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 10 to 13 drops red food coloring, optional
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 pastry shell (9-inches), baked
- Whipped topping
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 210mins
Drain cherries, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large saucepan, combine sugar and flour.
Stir in the pineapple, cherries and reserved juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Remove from the heat. Add gelatin powder; stir until dissolved. Stir in food coloring if desired. Cool until partially set.
Stir in bananas and pecans. Pour into the pie shell. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped topping.
You'll also love
- Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Dip 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Nectarine Almond Crumble Pie 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Lemon Cream - Tartine Bakery's 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Bacon-Topped Green Bean Casserole 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Carrot Muffins Recipe 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Pound Cake 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Chewy Lemon Blueberry Cookies 3.9/5 (61 Votes)
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate 4.4/5 (14 Votes)