Black Bean & Spinach Baked Taquitos
- 12 small Corn Tortillas
- 4 ounces Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 10 ounces package of frozen Spinach
- 1 can (15 oz) Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium hot house Tomatoes (approx. 2.5″ in diameter), chopped
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt (omit if taco seasoning contains salt)
- 1 teaspoon Oil (or cooking spray)
reheat the oven to 450 degrees. Spread the corn tortillas on 2 baking sheets and distribute the shredded cheese evenly on top. Bake for one minute until cheese is melted.
Cook frozen spinach per package instructions. Combine drained spinach with black beans, chopped tomato, taco seasoning, and salt if needed and stir well.
Divide the filling between the 12 tortillas, rolling them up and placing the taquitos seam side down on 1 baking sheet. Press them up against each other so they don’t unroll. Brush or spray the tops with oil to encourage browning.
Bake the taquitos for 10 minutes until the tops have browned a bit and the tortillas are crispy.