Black Bean Soup (Panera)
Haven't tried this yet, but we love the Black Bean soup from Panera! I'm sure this is to be a "keeper"! Recipe from Diana Hadden, Loveland, OH.
- 1 c. finely chopped onion
- 2 t. minced garlic
- 1 generous cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 c. finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 t. cumin
- Pinch or 2 of thyme
- 2 - 15 oz. cans black beans, undrained
- 1 can vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 T. cornstarch mixed with 1 T. water
- Lemon juice to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Garnish: sour cream, cilantro
Film a pot with olive oil. Add onion, garlic, celery, bell pepper, cumin and tyhme. Cook until onions are soft but not brown.
Add one can of beans and the can of broth. Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, and cook about 10 minutes. Puree soup with an immersion blender.
Add rest of beans and cornstarch mixture. Cook until thickened. Stir in lemon juice to taste and cayenne pepper if you like. Garnish as desired.
You'll also love
- Mrs. Garcia's Black Bean Soup 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Kidney Bean Soup 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Cuban Black Bean Soup From Happy... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Black Bean Soup (South Beach Diet... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Seafood Butter Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Hamburgers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- LIME FLUFF 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Carrot Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)