World Famous PEI Potato Shellfish Chowder
- 2 cups Cavendish Farms® Chunky Diced Potatoes
- 3/4 cup white onion, diced
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups 35% cream
- 1 1/4 lb. shellfish (lobster/crab/scallops/shrimp), prepared
- 1/4 cup fish stock
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.ca
Directions for: World Famous PEI Potato Shellfish Chowder
1. Place butter, onions, celery and Cavendish Farms® Chunky Diced Potatoes in a large non-stick skillet or frying pan on the stove top over medium heat and cook for 4-5 minutes. Note: Cook evenly, stirring frequently to cook the ingredients so as to not brown them. Reduce heat if necessary to avoid any browning.
2. Transfer sautéed mixture to stock pot, add shellfish and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place on stove top over medium heat and stir frequently allowing it to cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. During that time slowly add fish stock to the pot to prevent browning. Note: add fish stock as needed to avoid browning and/or slightly reduce temperature.
5. Add thyme and half of the parsley and cook for 1-2 minutes stirring frequently.
6. Add milk, cream and oyster sauce and cook for 6-8 minutes stirring regularly.
7. Add flour slowly, mixing well, and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Note: If a thicker consistency of soup is preferred, leave on the stove top until desired consistency is achieved.
You'll also love
- PARTY POPCORN 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Honest Cooking chorizo 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Beet, Goat Cheese and Walnut Salad 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Easy Shrimp and Broccoli 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Mahi-Mahi with Fennel, Olives, and... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Mediterranean Shrimp With Feta 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- How to Make Perfect Potato Latkes... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Salmon, Asparagus and Leek in... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)