Roasted Shrimp with Chile Gremolata
BONAPPETIT March 2014
- 2 red serrano or Fresno chiles, with seeds, halved lengthwise
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. Large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- GREMOLATA AND ASSEMBLY
- 1 red serrano or Fresno chile, seeds removed if desired, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
Cooking time 15mins
Preheat oven to 450. Heat chiles, garlic, bay leaves, and oil in a small saucepan over medium heat until just beginning to sizzle, about 2 minutes. Remove chile oil from heat.
Toss shrimp and chile oil in a 3-qt. baking dish; roast, turning halfway through, until shrimp are cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
GREMOLATA AND ASSEMBLY
Mix chile, garlic, herbs, zest, and oil in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Squeeze lemon over shrimp; top with gremolata.