Rice Krispie Chicken Strips
- For the Coating:
- 3 lbs. of boneless chicken breast – sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Soak the chicken in the milk and vinegar while preparing the coating or longer; an hour or so.
- 2 cups instant potato buds
- 2 cup Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Vegetable oil for frying
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Place the Rice Krispies in a food processor and process.
Place the corn meal, potato buds and processed Rice Krispies in a shallow bowl. Add the seasoning and mix.
Dip the chicken in the coating to cover all sides.
Heat a large frying pan with approximately ¼ inch vegetable oil. Place the chicken in the pan and sauté until golden on one side. Carefully, turn the chicken over to finish cooking on the other side. The cooking time will depend on how thick you slice the chicken.
You'll also love
- Cap'n Crunch Chicken Strips 4.3/5 (76 Votes)
- Avocado Feta Salsa 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Scampi 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Poppy Seed Scones 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken Curry Shredded with Naan 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Baked Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Feel-Good, Hearty Granola Bars 4.5/5 (13 Votes)