Lamb Saag Curry, with Spinach
- 1 pound good cut of lamb, cut into cubes. Lean meat like leg
- 1 bunch spinach leaves
- Bunch of fenugreek leaves(use mustard seeds, maple syrup, vinegar instead
- 2 medium onions-chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger,finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 green chillies
- 3 tbsp. oil or ghee
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder (use mustard powder)
- 1 1/2 tsp. coriander
- salt to taste 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2-3 tsp. Garam Masal 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 cups beef stock add water as necessary for consistency
1.Wash and drain meat.
2.Wash the spinach and fenugreek leaves remove any thick stalks. Chop an
3.Finely chop onions, garlic and ginger
4.Heat oil, add the onions*, ginger, garlic, and fry until browned
5.Add lamb and stir fry for 4-5 minutes on high, until meat is browned
6.Add the spices and salt and stir fry for a minute.
7.Add tomatoes and green chillies, fry again until nicely mixed.
8.Add a cup of water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes, until meat is tender, stirring from time to time.
9.Add the spinach and fenugreek leaves to the lamb halfway through the cooking and cook over a medium heat until meat is tender, stirring a few times. Saag should be clinging around the meat pieces.
11.Most of the liquid should be evaporated.
12.Serve hot with Chapatti or Tandoori Roti 1 or Tandoori Roti 2 or Nan.
You'll also love
- Paleo Cream of Asparagus, Celery,... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Roasted Fennel and Pears with... 3.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Pork Schnitzel with Quick Pickles 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Anchovy, Fresh... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Skinny Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Angel Hair Pasta with Salmon and... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Bamia Stew (Lamb and Okra) 4.7/5 (3 Votes)