Spaghetti with Anchovy, Fresh Spinach & Tomatoes
Rate this recipe 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- 1 lb of fresh baby spinach
- 4 cloves garlic - chopped
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes - diced
- 1 bell pepper – any color - sliced
- 2 oz. can of anchovy filets in olive oil
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 3 tbs. red wine
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Fresh Romano or Parmesan cheese for grating
- 1 lb. of your favorite spaghetti
- Olive oil for drizzling
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.com
Heat a large frying pan with 2-3 tablespoons olive oil. Add the garlic, bell pepper; sauté until the garlic is fragrant. Add the tomato and the anchovies with their oil. Mash the anchovies with a fork.
Add the spinach, seasonings and the wine. Simmer on a low heat.
Prepare the spaghetti as directed then drain and add to the pan and toss.
Drizzle a little olive oil and grated cheese over the plated dish and serve.
You'll also love
- Strawberry-Lemon Detox Drink 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Skinny Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Quinoa Cauliflower and Collard... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Shrimp Burgers 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Angel Hair Pasta with Salmon and... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Bacon Crumbled Catfish Filets 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Swiss Chard & Sorrel Gratin 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- “Unique” Stuffed Shells and... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
Review this recipe