Black Bean, Sweet Potato, Quinoa Chicken Chili
There’s a lot of liquid in this chili, but the quinoa will soak up the broth as it sits. You could also make a cornstarch slurry and thicken the broth at the end of the cook time if you’d rather.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chicken broth or vegetable stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast, uncooked and diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Avocado (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
- Sour cream(optional)
- Cheese (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from pressurecookingtoday.com
Select sauté and add oil to the pressure cooker pot. When oil is hot, add the sweet potato and onion and cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
Stir in chili powder, chipotle, cumin and salt. Add chicken broth, black beans, tomatoes, quinoa, and chicken and stir to combine.
Lock lid in place, select High Pressure and 4 minutes cook time and start. When timer beeps, turn off pressure cooker, wait 5 minutes, then do a quick pressure release.
Stir in the lime juice and add additional salt as needed. If necessary, let chili rest unplugged for several minutes uncovered and the quinoa will absorb additional liquid.
Garnish individual bowls with avocado, cilantro, sour cream or shredded cheese.
You'll also love
- One Pan Spicy Lemon Chicken Pasta... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread with... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Creamy Potato Cheese Soup 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Roasted Baby Dutch Yellow Potato... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Chickpeas and... 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Black Bean & Corn Pasta Salad 4.1/5 (45 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Soup 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Fries 4.7/5 (3 Votes)