Sweet Potato Soup
This soup is easy to prepare, has a slightly sweet taste which kids love.
- 2 large peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1. In large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, onion & chili powder, sauté & cook, stirring for about 5 mins or until soft.
2. Add vegetable stock & sweet potatoes, bring to simmer. Simmer until potatoes are soft, about 20 min.
3. With blender purée until very smooth. Return soup to pot & reheat over medium-low heat until steaming.
4. Stir in milk & lime juice season to taste with salt & pepper. Heat, stirring until steaming.
5. In a small bowl, lightly whip cream until thickened but does not form peaks. Gently stir 1 1/2 tbsp into soup.
6. Ladle soup into warmed bowls, drizzle with remaining whipped cream on top of each serving.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (96 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole Ruth Chris'... 4.4/5 (95 Votes)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes 4.5/5 (91 Votes)