Loaded Mashed Potatoes
This recipe takes mashed potatoes and traditional baked potatoes and combines them. Mashed potatoes get sour cream, bacon, green onions, and cheese, and are baked.
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup Daisy Brand sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 3 cups cheddar cheese blend, shredded and divided, about 12 ounces
- 1/2 pound bacon, sliced, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, sliced
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the sour cream, milk, butter, salt and pepper. Beat on medium-low speed until light and fluffy. Stir in 2 cups cheese, bacon and onions.
Transfer to a greased 3-quart baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Spice No-Bake Cheesecake 4.5/5 (90 Votes)
- Stuffed cabbage rolls 4.5/5 (93 Votes)
- Broccoli Grape & Pasta Salad 4.6/5 (87 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ham & Potato Soup -... 4.3/5 (106 Votes)
- Crockpot Potatoes with Bacon and... 4.6/5 (85 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole Ruth Chris'... 4.4/5 (97 Votes)
- American Potato Salad 4.6/5 (84 Votes)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes 4.4/5 (93 Votes)