Copycat P.F. Changs Lettuce Wraps
These Lettuce Wraps from PF Changs not only taste awesome but are ready in less than 30 minutes and low in carbs. Enjoy!
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 16 Bibb butter lettuce leaves or Iceberg lettuce
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Asian chili pepper sauce (see Note)
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Chinese-style hot mustard (extra hot)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Rinse lettuce leaves, keeping them whole. Set aside to drain.
Cook chicken in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often to break up the meat. Add onion, garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, vinegar and chili sauce. Cook until the meat is crumbled and brown. Add water chestnuts and green onions. Cook until onions begin to wilt, about 2 minutes. I double the ingredients.
Stir in sesame oil. Arrange lettuce leaves on the outer edge of a platter. Spoon meat mixture in center. Allow diners to spoon meat mixture into lettuce leaves and eat like a taco.
Asian chili pepper sauce can be found in the Asian section of most supermarkets. Some brands contain garlic, which is fine. You can use 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1/2 teaspoon dried red chili flakes instead.