Simple Sweet Potato Casserole
Simple sweet potato casserole that can be assembled the night before a holiday. Sweet side dish treat!
Rate this recipe 4.2/5 (123 Votes)
- 40 oz can of yams, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
Put your drained yams, sugar, condensed milk,melted butter, 2 beaten eggs,and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix till smooth and creamy.
Place into a buttered dish.
For the topping combine your coconut, nuts,brown sugar, flour,in a bowl. Then mix it with the melted butter.
Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
** You can assemble the yam mixture night before, store in refrigerator. You can also combine topping night before, store in ziploc in fridge. Then all you have to do is melt butter combine with the topping, sprinkle it on the yams and bake. A nice time saver!
You'll also love
- Shrimp and Grits 4.6/5 (80 Votes)
- Candy Corn Shooters 4.5/5 (92 Votes)
- Snicker Caramel Apple Pie 4.5/5 (84 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Potato Casserole 4.6/5 (77 Votes)
- Stuffed Turkey Breast with... 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- French-Style Beef Stew 4.5/5 (72 Votes)
Review this recipe