Slow Cooker Apricot BBQ Chicken Wings
These wings could NOT be easier to make and they’re totally kid friendly too! One of our boys LOVES chicken wings, but can’t do them too spicy. So, I set out to make something a little sweeter like honey BBQ, only in this case we went for apricot BBQ. And, they are SO good! Making them in the crock pot is perfect for not having to spend loads of time in the kitchen on game days. Plus, the meat is so tender!
- 4 pounds chicken wing drumettes, frozen
- 1 18oz bottle BBQ sauce (or approx 2 cups)
- 1 C apricot preserves
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 TBS garlic powder
- 2 T worcestershire sauce
Adapted from momendeavors.com
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the sauces & spices. Remove about ½ cup of the mixture and refrigerate for later!
2.Add the chicken wings to a large slow cooker, then cover with the sauce mixture. Stir until wings are well-coated. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
3. Once done, set oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with foil.
4. Remove wings from slow cooker and place on the lined baking sheet. Drizzle with some of the slow cooker sauce if desired. Broil for approximately 2 minutes.
5. Remove pan from oven, flip wings, and brush wings with the remaining sauce mixture that you saved out.
6. Return to oven and broil for an additional 3-5 minutes, until sauce starts to caramelize.
7. Remove from oven and serve!
I recommend using a non-sweet BBQ sauce for this recipe. Use your favorite store-bought or from scratch version (approximately 2 cups no matter which you choose).
You'll also love
- Oatmeal Spiced Raisin Cookies 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken - Alice Springs 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Fresh Tomato-Pancetta Meat Sauce 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Cocoa Banana Overnight Oats 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Turkey Burgers 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Coconut Chicken with Pineapple... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Spaghetti Beef Casserole Recipe 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Caribbean Jerk Chicken Wings 4.6/5 (14 Votes)