Coconut Chicken with Pineapple Fried Quinoa
Pineapple fried quinoa is a twist off of Chinese fried rice, topped with sliced fried chicken that is seasoned with jerk seasoning and coconut. Yum!
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder, organic cornstarch works too
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 large egg, or 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons gluten free chili sauce
- 3 cups cooked quinoa, room temperature or cold
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Sriracha, for serving
Adapted from cookingquinoa.net
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In a shallow bowl combine arrowroot powder and jerk seasoning.
Place egg in another shallow dish. In a third dish, combine coconut and bread crumbs.
Pound chicken thin and dredge in arrowroot mixture. Dip in egg and then dredge in coconut quinoa mixture.
Heat oil to medium in a large ovenproof skillet. Cook chicken for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until golden. Transfer to oven and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until done.
Meanwhile, make quinoa by heating coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pineapple, onion, and chili-garlic sauce. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add prepared quinoa, red pepper, 1/4 cup cilantro, lime zest, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking. Make a well in the middle of the quinoa and add eggs. Cook until scrambled and then stir into quinoa.
To serve, slice the chicken and serve on top of the quinoa.
You'll also love
- Campbell's Southern-Style... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Tuna Noodle Casserole from Scratch 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Skinny Waldorf Chicken Salad 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Cupcake with Coconut... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Pineapple Lush Dip 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Tipsy Pineapple Upside Down Cake 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Chinese Chicken with Broccoli 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Double Coconut and Peanut Butter... 4.3/5 (37 Votes)