Stuffed Acorn Squash with Dried Apricots and Nuts
This savory and colorful side dish is great for a holiday table.
- 2 Acorn Squash
- 3 T Butter
- 1/3 C Honey
- 3/4 C Dried Apricots (approx 4 oz)
- 1/3 C Chopped Almonds
- 1/2 t Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 t Ground Nutmeg
Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. Place cut-sides-down in buttered baking pan. Add boiling water to a depth of 1/4 inch.
Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, just until cooked through but still firm. Carefully remove foil and pour off water.
In small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in honey, apricots, almonds, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Turn squash cut-sides-up and fill with apricot mixture.
Bake uncovered, 20-25 minutes longer, until squash is tender and the filling is bubbly.
You'll also love
- Mortons Shrimp Alexander 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Olive Garden Capellini Pomodoro 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Crab Cakes with Lemon Caper... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Potato Latkas 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Homemade Blackberry Vodka 3.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Bacon and Butternut Squash Grilled... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- One Pan Chicken Parmesan and... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Corned Beef and Cabbage 4/5 (1 Votes)