This Potato Latka recipe is perfect to serve to your family and friends during Hanukkah, but this recipe is so delicious that you'll want to eat it year round. These latkas go perfectly with brisket, sour cream, or apple sauce, and they make a great addition to any holiday spread.
- 6 medium-sized potatoes, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra as needed
- 1/4 cup of butter, plus extra as needed
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Wash, peel, and grate potatoes. Place the grated potatoes in a bowl of cold water to prevent them from turning brown.
Chop onion finely. Put onion, flour, eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl and combine. Strain potatoes and press a dish tower over the potatoes in the strainer to ring out extra liquid and get them as dry as possible. Add the strained potatoes to the onion and flour mixture, and combine well.
In a large skillet add the olive oil and butter, heat to a low bubble. Put scoops of potato mixture in the oil and butter. Press down with a flat spatula to squish balls into a flatter pancake. Do not turn over the pancakes until the bottoms are browned. Brown both sides. Clean out skillet between batches and re-add olive oil and butter as needed for each batch.
You'll also love
- Bisquick® Potato Pancakes 4.3/5 (37 Votes)
- Apple Latkes 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Homemade Blackberry Vodka 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Chickpea "Ceviche" 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Canning Tomatoes 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Joey's Nachos - Kitchen Boss 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Preserved Lemon & Pomegranate... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Ratatouille Skillet Eggs 4/5 (1 Votes)