One Pan Chicken Parmesan and Roasted Zucchini
Served with angel hair pasta. Made my own Italian seasoned breadcrumbs by using regular breadcrumbs and adding a tablespoon of Italian seasoning.
- 4 (6 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2/3 cup marinara sauce (from a jar is fine)
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/4 pounds zucchini chopped in half through the length then sliced into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Chopped fresh basil, for serving (optional)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 32mins
Adapted from cookingclassy.com
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a rimmed cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Pour Panko bread crumbs and parmesan into a gallon size resealable bag. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Shake bag then drizzle 1 Tbsp olive oil over bread crumb mixture. Seal bag and shake while pressing against mixture to evenly moisten crumbs. In a shallow dish whisk egg until well blended. Working with one chicken breast at a time, dredge chicken in egg then immediately transfer to bread crumb mixture and press both sides in crumbs to adhere well.
Transfer to middle of baking dish then repeat with remaining chicken breasts. Bake chicken in oven 15 minutes. During last few minutes of chicken baking, place zucchini in a gallon size resealable bag, pour in olive oil and add garlic powder. Season wtih salt and pepper to taste. Seal bag and shake to evenly coat.
Remove chicken from oven, rotate chicken to opposite side. Add zucchini around chicken in an even layer. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes longer or until chicken registers 165 degrees in center on an instant read thermometer (mine were 170 after the 10 minutes so unless your chicken breasts are super thick you shouldn't need much more time).
Remove from oven and spread marinara sauce down middle of chicken breasts, sprinkle with mozzarella. Move oven rack near broiler element and heat oven to broil. Broil until cheese has melted about 1 - 2 minutes (keep a close eye on it so cheese doesn't burn).
Sprinkle with basil and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- One Pan Balsamic Chicken and... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas with Pine... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken & Risotto 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Broiled Portobello Mushroom with... 2.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Seared Chicken & Caramelized Fennel 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- EASY PUMPKIN MUFFINS 4/5 (1 Votes)
- One-Bowl Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Summer Squash & White Bean Sauté 4/5 (1 Votes)