Crab Cakes with Lemon Caper Remoulade
- Lemon caper remoulade:
- Crab cakes
- 1 lb. lump crab meat
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs (made up of equal parts dill, parsley, tarragon and chives)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Grated rind and juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 tbsp drained capers, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350'F.
2. Place crabmeat in a sieve; pick through and remove any cartilag•e. Press firmly to remove liquid. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add green onions and cook for about 2 minutes or until softened. Let cool.
4. Add cooked onions, egg yolks, breadcrumbs, herbs, mustard, mayonnaise, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauces, salt and pepper to the crabmeat. Stir mixture until well combined, breaking up lumps of crabmeat with your fingers .
5. Divide crab mixture into eight equal parts and form into B round patties about 1/2" thick. (Patties can be prepared ahead, covered and refrigerated for up to 1 day).
6. In a large skillet, heat half of the remaining oil over medium-high heat and cook crab cakes in batches - adding remaining oil as necessary - for about 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm with Lemon Caper Remoulade (recipe below). Makes 8 appetizer servings
Lemon caper remoulade
1. In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, lemon rind and juice, capers and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for approximately 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Makes about 1-1/3 cups
You'll also love
- Potato Latkas 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Homemade Blackberry Vodka 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Lobster Cheesecake 4/5 (2 Votes)
- SEARED SCALLOPS WITH WARM TUSCAN... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Cider-Braised Bratwurst with Apples 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Preserved Lemon & Pomegranate... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Crab & Meyer Lemon 'Pasta' 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chesapeake Bay Crabby Mac 3.5/5 (2 Votes)