Candy Bar Pie
This is a great way to use up left over candy. This is easy and delicious, use whatever candy you desire!
- 1 pie crust, from a pack of two or homemade
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup candy bars (I used 8 miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, about 15 mini Rolos, and a handful of M&Ms to make 1 cup)
- Extra candy for the top of the pie
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place pie crust in a 9” pie plate, crimping as desired. Press the sides of the crust so they are firmly attached to the edges of the pie plate.
Cream brown sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or you can use a hand mixer). Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Add baking powder, salt, and flour and mix.
If you are using a stand mixer, add your candy bars to the bowl and mix on medium-high to chop of the candy. (The strength of the mixer is enough to break up soft pieces of candy, like Reese’s or Rolos.) If you’re using a hand mixer, coarsely chop the candy, the mix it into the dough.
Press into prepared pan (dough is sticky, spray your hands with cooking spray to avoid it sticking to your hands). Press some remaining candy on the top for decoration. Press the sides of the crust that are showing with the tines of a fork a few times.
Bake for about 24 to 30 minutes, until the crust is browned and the top of the pie is golden. It may still be a little jiggly in the center. Cool completely before cutting. Serve by itself or with whipped cream or ice cream.
You'll also love
- White Christmas Fudge 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Spicy Fried Mixed Nuts 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Apple-Spice Bundt Cake with... 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Olallieberry Iced Hand Pies (&... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Apple Pie Monkey Bread 4.1/5 (35 Votes)
- Snickers™ Slab Pie 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Halloween Fruit Apple Teeth Treats 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Hand Halloween Snack 4.5/5 (10 Votes)