Garden Dirt Pie
Instant chocolate pudding mixture is topped with crushed Oreo cookies and decorated with fresh strawberries and mint leaves. Add gummy worms and pebble candy, if desired.
- 1 (15-ounce) package chocolate Oreos cookies
- 1 small (3.9-ounce) box instant chocolate or chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 2 cups very cold whole milk
- 1 (8-ounce) tub Cool Whip, thawed
- 10 fresh strawberries, rinsed and dried well
- Fresh mint
- Pebble candy, optional
- Gummy worms, optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Place cookies in a large, resealable plastic ziptop bag and zip closed. Using a rolling pin or heavy object, coarsely crush the cookies.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry pudding mix and cold milk until combined well, 2 to 3 minutes. Refrigerate 5 to 10 minutes to thicken, then fold in the Cool Whip with a rubber spatula. Stir in 1 cup of the crushed Oreos, and a few gummy worms if using.
Spread out mixture in an 11x7-inch (or equivalent) glass baking dish. Using your hands, spread the remaining cookie crumbs over the top.
Gently push the strawberries down in rows in the Oreo "dirt". If using pebble candy, add some of them amongst the rows of strawberries. Garnish with mint leaves. Refrigerate until serving time.
How-To Video: https://youtu.be/WIpkKkEK0WE
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (902 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.5/5 (494 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Snickerdoodle Bread 4.5/5 (452 Votes)
- Christmas Pecan Balls 4.6/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)