POTATOES -- GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
Makes: 4 servings
- Makes: 4 servings
- 1 1/4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 large garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1. Place potatoes in medium saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover potatoes. Add milk and garlic. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are very tender, about 25 minutes.
2. Drain potatoes and garlic, reserving ¼ cup cooking liquid. Return potatoes and garlic to same saucepan. Add cream and butter and mash until smooth. Thin with reserved liquid, if desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper.