Honey Garlic Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil 15 mL
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced 2
- 1/4 cup soy sauce 50 mL
- 4 tsp each minced garlic and ginger 20 mL
- 3 cups frozen Asian-style mixed vegetables 750 mL
- 1 cup shelled, frozen edamame or green peas 250 mL
- 3/4 cup Diana® Sauce, Honey Garlic flavour 175 mL
- 1/4 cup water 50 mL
- 1 tbsp lime juice 15 mL
- 4 cups cooked, long-grain white or brown rice 1 L
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion 125 mL
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil 15 mL
Heat the oil in a large wok or deep nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, soy sauce, garlic and ginger; stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Add the mixed vegetables and edamame; stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, combine the Diana sauce with the water and lime juice. Add to the skillet and bring to a boil. Stir in the rice; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is hot and coated with sauce. Just before serving, stir in the green onion and sesame oil.
1. Edamame are green soybeans that can be found already shelled in many supermarket freezer sections.
2. For fresh crunch, stir in a handful of bean sprouts when adding the green onion.
3. Substitute cubed pork loin for the chicken.
4. Substitute shrimp or cubed, firm tofu for the chicken; simply add along with the vegetables and edamame.
5. Prepare rice ahead; freeze in zip-top (re-sealable) bags until ready to use.
6. To reduce the salt content of this recipe, use lite or sodium-reduced soy sauce.