Perfect Strawberry Margarita
Summer means fresh strawberries and delicious margaritas! Cool off pool side with an ice cold margarita.
- Grated zest of one lime, about 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup lime juice, about 4 to 6 Persian limes
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups 100% agave tequila
- 9 ounces fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup Cointreau
- Pink Himalayan salt for rim, optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 600mins
The night before, hull and cut up the strawberries into small pieces. Put them into a large pitcher with the tequila.
At least a couple of hours before, in a small saucepan bring to a boil the sugar, one cup of water, and the lime zest. Once the sugar is dissolved (which it should be by the time the water boils), remove from heat and let cool for for a few minutes. The amount of sugar is a guideline, it depends on how sweet you like your limeade and how tart your particular limes are. Place a strainer over a bowl, or wide-mouthed serving container, and pour the sugar syrup through it, straining out the lime zest. Chill.
In a large pitcher, combine the lime-infused simple syrup, lime juice, 2 cup water, tequila with strawberries, and orange liqueur.
If you'd like salt rimmed glasses, before you pour the drinks, fill one small saucer with water and one with pink salt. Coat the rim of each glass in water and then salt.
You'll also love
- Potato Puppies 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Mini Meatballs with... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- WARM SHAVED BRUSSELS SPROUTS &... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Avocado & Egg English Muffin 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Bloody Mary Bar 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Cinnamon Strawberry Quinoa 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Strawberry Pudding Pie 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Basic Black-Eyed Peas 4.4/5 (12 Votes)