Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
These aren't just regular brussels sprouts, these are caramelized brussels sprouts with pancetta. These delicious sprouts would be great for your Thanksgiving meal!
- 3 pounds brussels sprouts
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 shallots, thinly sliced, 1 1/2 cups
- 2 ounces thickly sliced pancetta, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the brussels sprouts until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Cut the brussels sprouts in half lengthwise.
In a large, deep skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the shallots and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until lightly browned, 10 minutes; scrape into a bowl.
Add the remaining 1/4 cup of oil to the skillet. Add the brussels sprouts, cut side down, and the pancetta. Season with salt and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until the sprouts are browned and tender, 10 minutes. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and shallots and cook, stirring, until warm, 5 minutes. Season with salt, transfer to a bowl and serve.
You'll also love
- Lekach (Honey-Spice Cake) 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Date Bars 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Perfect Strawberry Margarita 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Bloody Mary Bar 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Perfect Crispy Potatoes 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Louisiana Cheese Fries with... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- E.D. Smith's Pumpkin Pie 3.7/5 (282 Votes)
- Seafood Stuffed Onion 4.4/5 (17 Votes)