Blueberry-Lemon Pound Cake
Moist, dense and chocked full of fresh berries and a hint of lemon.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened (I used salted)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 extra-large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract or 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, optional (I used lemon juice)
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned lightly into measuring cup then leveled off with a knife)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried on paper towels
- 1 cup whole milk (or buttermilk)
Lay out the butter and eggs about 30 minutes before beginning the cake.
Meanwhile, generously grease and flour a 10-inch tube cake pan; set aside. Preheat oven to 325 F.
In a mixing bowl, whisk or sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk in the lemon zest and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed of an electric mixer until light and creamy, 4 to 5 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until each one is well incorporated. Beat in lemon extract or lemon juice.
Add the blueberries to the flour mixture, tossing to coat; then, using a rubber spatula, fold it into the batter just until there are no floury streaks left. Gradually pour the milk around and through the batter, gently lifting and folding it in just until combined. Spoon batter in the prepared pan.
Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, or until the center tests done with a wooden toothpick.
Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Run a thin blade metal knife around the edges of cake to loosen. Remove the cake from pan and cool completely on the rack.
You'll also love
- Extreme Caramel Apple Crisp 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Macadamia Nut - Banana Cream Pie 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Cream Pie 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Frozen Lemon Lime Mousse Pie 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Orange Lime Vinaigrette 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Chicken Lemon Rice Soup 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Blueberry Muffins 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Cream Cheese - Lemon Pound Cake 4.7/5 (11 Votes)