Fettuccine with Champagne Sage Cream Sauce
The aroma of sautéing shallot, garlic, and fresh sage will intoxicate while you make this mouth watering Champagne cream pasta sauce.
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 small sage leaves, very thinly sliced or 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 About 1 cup Brut Champagne or other dry sparkling wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola dolce
- A fat handful freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for topping
- 3/4 pound egg fettuccine or tagliatelle or pappardelle
- A few grinds black pepper
- A small handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp (optional)
Adapted from rachaelrayshow.com
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta and season generously with kosher salt.
In a large skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-low. Add the butter and when the foam begins to subside, add the shallots, garlic and sage. Stir until soft, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the Champagne and simmer until reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Stir in the cream and let the sauce bubble until thickened, 6 to 8 minutes. Add both cheeses and stir until melted. Remove pan from heat.
Meanwhile, if using, grill the shrimp in grill pan or on a grill until just pink.
Meanwhile, cook the pastas until al dente. Drain then add the pasta to the sauce. Toss with tongs until coated evenly. Season with pepper.