Fettuccine with Champagne Sage Cream Sauce
The aroma of sautéing shallot, garlic, and fresh sage will intoxicate while you make this mouth watering Champagne cream pasta sauce.
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 to 4 small sage leaves, very thinly sliced or 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 About 1 cup Brut Champagne or other dry sparkling wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola dolce
- A fat handful freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for topping
- 3/4 pound egg fettuccine or tagliatelle or pappardelle
- A few grinds black pepper
- A small handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp (optional)
Adapted from rachaelrayshow.com
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta and season generously with kosher salt.
In a large skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-low. Add the butter and when the foam begins to subside, add the shallots, garlic and sage. Stir until soft, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the Champagne and simmer until reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Stir in the cream and let the sauce bubble until thickened, 6 to 8 minutes. Add both cheeses and stir until melted. Remove pan from heat.
Meanwhile, if using, grill the shrimp in grill pan or on a grill until just pink.
Meanwhile, cook the pastas until al dente. Drain then add the pasta to the sauce. Toss with tongs until coated evenly. Season with pepper.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Soup-Carnival Cruise Lines 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Broccoli-Onion Pie 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Gluten-Free Chicken Meatballs With... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Lemongrass Basil Chicken Pasta 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Browned Butter Gnocchi with... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Watermelon-and-Feta Orzo Salad 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- One-Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)