Loaded-Up Mashed Potato Casseroles
The great taste of a loaded baked potato is what you'll find in this yummy Loaded-Up Mashed Potato Casserole!
- 4 large Idaho potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and left whole
- 11/3 cups ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups Italian fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese, grated
- 6 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from cooking.com
Place the potatoes and garlic in a large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
Drain the potatoes and garlic and return to the pot. Add the ricotta and milk and mash with a potato masher until fairly smooth.
Stir in the fontina cheese, half of the Romano cheese, half of the parsley and salt. Spread the potato mixture evenly into the baking dish.
Combine the panko with the remaining Romano cheese, the remaining parsley and the olive oil in a small bowl until well mixed. Sprinkle evenly over the potatoes.
Bake, uncovered, until the filling is hot and the topping is browned, about 25 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Tip: This casserole can be prepared up to 8 hours in advance. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking.
You'll also love
- Deviled Potatoes 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Watermelon Smoothie 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Cuban Roasted Pork Tenderloin with... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Omelet Rollups or Roulade with... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Baileys Hot Chocolate Ice Cream Pie 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Crab and Artichoke Dip 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Maple Sweet Potato and Apple Gratin 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Basic Old-Fashioned Giblet Gravy 4.8/5 (8 Votes)