You can't go wrong with delicious Turkey Posole, perfect for the colder times of year. A low-fuss soup like this spicy, hearty number is also great for a crowd.
- CHILE PASTE:
- 2 dried ancho or pasilla chiles
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- SOUP & ASSEMBLY:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white hominy, rinsed
- 8 cups turkey stock or low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked turkey meat, shredded
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tortilla chips, sliced avocado, cilantro sprigs, and lime wedges (for serving)
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Remove seeds from chiles; toast in a dry small skillet over medium-high heat, turning, until darkened and fragrant, about 4 minutes. Place in a medium bowl. Add 2 cups hot water; let sit until softened, about 5 minutes. Drain, reserving ½ cup soaking liquid. Pulse chiles in a food processor with reserved soaking liquid, garlic, and tomato paste until smooth.
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 6 to 8 minutes. Add chile paste and cook, stirring, until thick and darkened, about 4 minutes. Add hominy, turkey stock, and turkey meat; season with salt and pepper. Simmer until flavors meld, 10 to 15 minutes.
Serve with chips, avocado, cilantro, and lime wedges.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Raisin Cookies 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Challah Stuffing with Fennel &... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Bread Machine Wheat Rolls with... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Corn, Poblano and Cheese Tamales 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Mahi Mahi with Bacon-Tomato Butter 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Moroccan Braised Beef 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Tangy Turkey Burgers 4.4/5 (19 Votes)