Tangy Turkey Burgers
Here's a healthy twist on tradition - lean, juicy burgers that are the all-American alternative for the fat-conscious '90's.
- Serves 6
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon reduced -sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger or 1/2 ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 whole-grain hamburger buns, lightly toasted
- Green leaf lettuce and scallion (green onion) brushes for garnish
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
1. Preheat the broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil.
2. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, green onion, soy sauce, ginger, mustard and pepper. Mix well. Shape mixture into 6 patties.
3. Place patties on rack in prepared pan. Broil 2 inches from the heat until patties are cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
4. Place the buns on serving plates; place lettuce on buns and top with burgers. garnish with scallion brushes and service.
Per Serving: Calories 288 (35% from fat) Carbohydrates 22g Protein 24g Sodium 432mg att 11g Cholesterol 83mg
You'll also love
- POTATO PAMPUSHKI WITH CHEESE... 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Cherry Enchiladas 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- Spicy Sausage Pasta 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Grilled Mongolian Pork Chops 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
Review this recipe