Bread Machine Wheat Rolls with Yogurt & Oats
Let the bread machine mix and knead the dough for these yummy whole wheat, oats and yogurt rolls. You can make them ahead, freeze and reheat for serving.
- 3/4 cup oats + 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1/2 cup very hot water
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 teaspoons ground flaxseed
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour blend
- 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Adapted from foodlets.com
In your bread machine, combine 3/4 cup oats with the water. Let sit for 15 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT the cream and extra 2 tablespoons of oats.
Run machine on dough setting.
When it’s done, take out the dough and punch it down.
Turn the dough out onto a Silpat baking sheet or a baking sheet lined with butter and cornmeal.
Flatten dough into a circle about 2 inches thick and cut squares with a butter knife. These will be your rolls.
Mold and shape the edges a little then make a shallow criss-cross cut on top of each one, brush with cream and sprinkle with the remaining oats.
Pop the whole pan into the oven, covered by a clean towel, and let rise for one hour. The warmth of a bowl of hot water on the rack under your rolls will help the rising process.
When the rolls have doubled in size, heat the oven to 375°F and bake for about 15 minutes, until golden on top. Then invite friends over immediately.
*To make ahead, bake 12-13 minutes and freeze cooled rolls in a zip-top plastic bag. Pop them in a 375°F oven when you’re ready to serve, about 2-3 minutes.
You'll also love
- Scallop Ceviche 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Herbed Mushrooms with White Wine... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Garden Salad & Snap Pea Crostini 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Caramelized Onion Potato Tart from... 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Gluten-Free, High-Protein Coconut... 3.7/5 (227 Votes)
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Dinner Rolls, Bread Machine Style 4.4/5 (8 Votes)