Cafe Cego's Scalloped Potatoes
- 3 pounds red boiling potatoes peeled
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
- Ground nutmeg to taste
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter cut into bits
Slice potatoes 1/8-inch thick in food processor or by hand.
Rub bottom and sides of 2-quart (11- by 7-inch) glass baking dish with garlic clove. Arrange potato slices evenly in dish.
Whisk cream and salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste in bowl. Pour over potatoes. Sprinkle cheese over potatoes and dot with bits of butter.
Bake at 375 degrees until browned and bubbly, 50 minutes.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
Each of 8 servings: 409 calories; 268 mg sodium; 97 mg cholesterol; 28 grams fat; 33 grams carbohydrates; 9 grams protein; 0.73 gram fiber.
You'll also love
- White Rice With Green Onions And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp And Mushroom Curry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato Salad With Black Olives 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Adwoa's Fish Chili 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Open-Faced Crab-Melt Sandwiches 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seared Scallops With Champagne... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broiled Scallops With Honey-Lime... 0/5 (0 Votes)