Apple-Cranberry-Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 2 cups cranberry juice, heated
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 2 cups chopped Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Pour cranberry juice into 13x9-inch baking pan. Arrange squash halves, cut-sides down, in cranberry juice. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
3. In medium bowl, combine apples, brown sugar, cranberries, almonds, and 4 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Remove squash from oven; drain juice from pan. Turn squash upright and brush remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter over cut sides and cavities of squash.
5. Fill cavities with apple mixture. Return squash to oven and bake, uncovered, 60 minutes more or until squash halves are tender.
You'll also love
- Cranberry Meringue Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corn Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- EASY CORN PUDDING 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Brussels Sprouts Braised with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hazelnut pork with blackberry pear... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesecake (Pumpkin) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Yummy Pumpkin Pie *(GOOD)* 0/5 (0 Votes)