Roasted Carrot Salad with Arugula, Goat Cheese & Crispy Garlic Chips
Roasted sweet carrots with sea salt, goat cheese and crispy garlic chips are the stars of this refreshing, healthy and yummy arugula salad!
- 2 bunches (10-12 medium size) carrots
- 10 ounces pre-washed baby arugula and spring mix salad greens (2 containers)
- 4 ounces 'Purple Haze' Cypress Grove Chevre goat's milk cheese or similar soft goat cheese
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Adapted from pattysfood.com
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
Peel and trim the carrots-cut into evenly sized pieces (cut the thick slices in half), brush with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt- place on lined baking sheets and roast for about 20 minutes, turning once. Remove from oven when lightly browned on both sides, set aside to cool.
Crispy Garlic Chips:
Place a small skillet over a medium heat and generously cover the bottom with olive oil, at least 1/4 cup.
Thinly slice the garlic cloves and place in the hot olive oil, cook and stir until light brown-remove from the heat (don't overcook), set aside on folded paper towel to drain.
Divide the greens onto the serving plates. Scatter the roasted carrot slices and garlic chips on top of each plate. Break the goat cheese into small pieces and scatter over the top of each serving.
Strain the olive oil used to cook the garlic slices, place in a small bowl and add a couple of spoonfuls of the balsamic vinegar with sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, drizzle over the salads and serve.
You'll also love
- French Hamburgers 4.2/5 (62 Votes)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes with... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Apricot Guacamole 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Spinach, Tomato & Goat Cheese... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- White House Spinach Pie 4.6/5 (36 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Pork Tenderloin 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Quick & Easy Pressure Cooker... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Carrot Lime Zinger 5/5 (2 Votes)