Spinach Tortellini Tomato Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (14.5-ounces each) Italian Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- 4 cups tomato/spaghetti sauce-1 large can
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 package (12-ounces) frozen tortellini
- 1 - 2 bags 6oz. fresh baby baby spinach- take stems off-(spinach shrinks down)
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese to taste
Combine olive oil and butter in a large soup pot; place over medium heat and cook until butter is melted.
Add onions; cook for 2 minutes, or until translucent.
Add garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Set heat to medium-high and stir in diced tomatoes and tomato sauce; bring to a boil.
Add vegetable broth; bring to a boil.
Add frozen tortellini and spinach.
Season with salt and fresh ground pepper,Parmesan cheese
Continue to cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until tortellini is tender and soup is heated through.
Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
You'll also love
- Mallow Sweet Potato Bake 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Caprese Sausage Pasta Salad 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Cold Spinach Dip 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Brown Rice with Sauteed Spinach,... 4.3/5 (46 Votes)
- Tomato/Tomato Paste Salsa 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Crock Pot Minestrone Soup 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Creamy Carbonara Orzo Risotto 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Cheese Tortellini Soup w/... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)