This Pumpkin-Pear Crisps is a perfect dessert. Another simple, delicious and healthy recipe.
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups 1/4-inch cubes peeled, seeded sugar pumpkin or butternut squash (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 large pears (2-pounds), peeled, cored, cut into 1/4-inch cubes (4 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Bake oats, pumpkin seeds, and walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet until light golden, about 10 minutes; let cool. Transfer to a food processor. Add the remaining 6 ingredients and pulse until crumble forms. Spread on rimmed baking sheet; bake until golden and crispy, occasionally breaking up lumps, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Bring first 7 ingredients, old fashioned oats, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, egg white, brown sugar, unsalted butter, all purpose flour and 1 1/2 cups water to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cover and simmer until pumpkin is just tender, about 7 minutes.
Add pears and vanilla; cook uncovered, stirring often, until pears are tender, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer pumpkin-and-fruit mixture to a medium bowl. Simmer syrup in pan until reduced to 1/2 cup, 3 to 5 minutes
Arrange ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet. Divide compote among ramekins. Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon reserved syrup.
Bake until filling is bubbling at edges, 25 to 30 minutes. Top with streusel and serve.
You'll also love
- Sesame Spinach Spread 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Ricotta & Pear Crostini with... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- French Lentil, Kale and Kabocha... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Orzo with Caramelized Onions and... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Beef Liver Pâté with Balsamic... 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Plum & Rhubarb Cobbler 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Lavender & Almond Bessboussa 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Cranberry-Pumpkin Waffles 4.6/5 (5 Votes)